Casting SolusCast

Discuss casting techniques
Archerm
Solus Master
Re: Casting SolusCast

Postby Archerm » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:23 pm

I don't think you can get the synergy investment in the USA can you?
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:05 pm

They had a booth at the Jck Las Vegas so must be selling in the USA. Either through a dealer or direct shipping.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:27 pm

does anyone know the direct info on ordering Direct ?

how much does it cost and for what amount is the G3D SYNERGY investment

Emil , do you have a profile for the soulcast in 20 ? thats what I like
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:55 am

Why would anyone buy an unknown overseas investment powder, and not invest in a proper curing LED unit.
R&R product is by far the best in the world. solucast casts with either plasticast, prestige optima or even R&R® Ultra-Vest Maxx.
The printing quality of the solucast is way superior, the definition is almost like the proto.
resins with less wax-like components print excellent, though the casting result is useless, unless it is LED cured.
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:01 am

AJS is the current sales rep for GRS family (including G3D) investments, but when I asked AJS if they were going to stock Synergy, they said they were not approached about it.

If enough people ask about it, maybe they will get some in their next shipment?
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:24 pm

I agree with Marc as far as the curing , I believe this by far the most important factor on successful casting , not to say that the investment isn't , but for sure if the cure isn't done long and proper , no matter what investment you use , you'll have fails or at the very least , touch up spots

I think 2 UV lights 50W each , 1 turntable , heat treatment of some kind , depending on type of resin as to how long , and minimum at least one day time for entire curing process , with exceptions on thinner models ( can be done faster) , for example anything that has less than a 1mm thickness everywhere
Chalamba
Novice

Postby Chalamba » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:06 pm

rsaldivar wrote:I agree with Marc as far as the curing , I believe this by far the most important factor on successful casting , not to say that the investment isn't , but for sure if the cure isn't done long and proper , no matter what investment you use , you'll have fails or at the very least , touch up spots

I think 2 UV lights 50W each , 1 turntable , heat treatment of some kind , depending on type of resin as to how long , and minimum at least one day time for entire curing process , with exceptions on thinner models ( can be done faster) , for example anything that has less than a 1mm thickness everywhere

What lights are you using?
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Chalamba
Novice

Postby Chalamba » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:53 pm

rsaldivar wrote:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJZL97N/ref=b2b_gw_d_simh_a2_0_p/139-2983118-5987516?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06XJZL97N&pd_rd_r=0CB0YDZZKEZZRYC3BDN7&pd_rd_w=lBbBj&pd_rd_wg=fUZYK&pf_rd_i=b2b-desktop&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0CB0YDZZKEZZRYC3BDN7&pf_rd_t=ABGateway&refRID=0CB0YDZZKEZZRYC3BDN7

Thank you,
How long have you been using them, have you noticed any lowering of the intensity of the diods?
Asking, because i have read some negative comments about them in relation to this.
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Iv been using them for about 6 months , and yes there is definity less intensity of the lights , I realized this after I got my first one and decided some time later that a second one would be even better , besides they aren't too expensive compared to the curing machine companies sell , I suspect that this is one reason why those machines have timers , so as to extend the life , my first one still works fine , I leave them one over night , sometimes up to 12 hours , but if you put them side by side , the new one which is the same watt , is more than double intense , I believe that the curing is the best way to get a good cast , so I cure all resins I use to death , but I also wear the lamps out as a result , I believe that even the machines are the same as far as losing intensity , it only make sense , the more you use something the more it wears , put a new machine side by side to a year old one and check for yourself , I accept this as part of the cost of casting resins , you have to find out for yourself how much you want to invest to get a good cure , I don't think those light from amazon are bad , I would buy them again , but if you think if you buy them you won't have to buy one ever again , I say maybe you should think twice