Circle pendant coming out egg shaped

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Messerbr
Solus Expert
Circle pendant coming out egg shaped

Postby Messerbr » Thu May 02, 2019 8:41 pm

So I am trying to print a large scarf pin that is to be a 54mm domed circle and it is coming out wonky. The Y dimension is right but the X dimension seems to be squeezed in. I Calibrated the printer with a 10x10x10mm test print before this one as well. Has anyone calibrated the printer with a larger test cube? Say 30x30x30mm so that if the caliper measurements are off a little it might not make a difference when printing larger items?
Attachments
Roval Pin 4.jpg
Roval Pin 3.jpg
Roval 5.jpg
rkundla
Solus Master

Re: Circle pendant coming out egg shaped

Postby rkundla » Fri May 03, 2019 3:33 am

Is the back of the scarf pin hollowed out? Maybe it is shrinkage of the resin due to the geometry?

I wonder if you print it on its back with elevated supports versus at an angle, would it do the same thing?
Messerbr
Solus Expert

Postby Messerbr » Fri May 03, 2019 2:37 pm

rkundla wrote:Is the back of the scarf pin hollowed out? Maybe it is shrinkage of the resin due to the geometry?

I wonder if you print it on its back with elevated supports versus at an angle, would it do the same thing?

It's too large to print on its back, but yes it is hollow in the back
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat May 04, 2019 3:21 am

Try using bigger touch points. They look small. Also put some inside the holes to support the top side. Maybe rotate it 90 degrees and see it that helps.