Home Cycle Problem/Question

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Scmelis
Home Cycle Problem/Question

Postby Scmelis » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what exactly the home cycle process involves on my Solus printer.

I suspect that my printer has a problem with the home cycle process but as I do not really know what it should be doing during this process, I'm unsure what I should be expecting. At the moment, my printer lowers the build stage down until it hits the switch that is poking up. At that point, it stops and appears to do nothing for about a minute until eventually the motor appears to turn off. I do have the resin vat and the film holder off during this process.

My current understanding of the process is that the home cycle should lower the build platform down until the platform hits the mechanical switch that I see poking up underneath it. I assumed it would do some calibration that would take ~10-20 seconds and then raise itself again but mine obviously is not.

So am I missing something obvious or should I contact help for a potential mechanical failure?
Thanks for any info.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Re: Home Cycle Problem/Question

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:55 am

Emil
He say's the platform is off. " I do have the resin vat and the film holderoff during this process."

That is not correct for it to take that long. Does the rod move freely in the tube? If you lightly press with your finger, do you feel or hear the click? Might be a bad switch.
kolovos700

Postby kolovos700 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:03 pm

I also have Home Cycle Problem stack in this position and do not moving forward any help will b appreciated.
Thanks
Attachments
333.jpg
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:16 am

I just had some problems with contour software hanging. It was do to an update to windows. Reboot your computer a couple times.
Also check to see if any resin has dripped down the tube that houses the homing pin. I have had this happen and cause problems of it sticking.
Scmelis

Postby Scmelis » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:42 pm

Sorry that it took me a few days to look into my problems.
After talking to Emil via email about the problems that I was having (who was excellent as a resource), it seems like everything is sorted out now.

For anyone that may be curious and looking at this post, my problem ended up being that the screw that hits a switch that stops the tilt motor was not properly making contact with the switch. Over time or while being moved, it had shifted slightly and was not fully pressing on the switch during the homing cycle. The result was that the tilt motor was fully extended and a grinding noise could be heard as it tried to push the quartz window further than possible (Until I assume some internal failsafe would kill the motor after about 30 seconds of the switch not engaging).

After removing the screw entirely and manually hitting the switch, the homing cycle completed perfectly so I put the screw back with a couple of extra turns and the machine is homing again. I am now trying to relevel my build platform but everything should be running again soon.