Software Lockup when Printer Not Attached

MacGyver
Software Lockup when Printer Not Attached

Postby MacGyver » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:40 am

We have Solus Contour software loaded on a laptop that is taken home at night. If the printer is not attached, when the program launches it locks up while it seems to be searching for the printer. Is there a way to edit settings to remove the printer for when it's not attached? Sorry if I'm not including all the needed info. I'm actually asking for one of the other jewelers. Thanks in advance. :arrow:
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Re: Software Lockup when Printer Not Attached

Postby Jewelermdt » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:57 am

I can open Contour on my home computer. I never have had the printer hooked up to it. So don't know why it wouldn't open on the laptop. Will have to see tomorrow. It could be due to a windows update.
MacGyver

Postby MacGyver » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:16 am

Thank you for the reply. Just FYI, unless something got enabled by accident, I keep Updates disabled. When it comes to Microsoft I'm more afraid of the fix than the threat. :mrgreen:
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:30 am

I unplugged my printer and projector from the laptop and opened Contour just fine. So it must be something with the computer. Is your Contour up to date?
I hate windows updates. I think they should always ask if you want to update. Tell what they are updating and deleting. Just like this last update messes up Matrix. But it's only certain versions of Win10. They said that a fix would be available last week. NOT.
MacGyver

Postby MacGyver » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:39 am

Thanks for the reply. That's very interesting. This is on a laptop that is used for nothing, but that purpose and doesn't access the internet, so it's probably not up to date, but by the same token nothing has changed on it. I'll go take a look at it myself and see if I can get any insight from watching the processes. Thanks again for all your help.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:16 am

You might want to update contour at least. Maybe the older versions would not open if printer not connected.
MacGyver

Postby MacGyver » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:28 pm

I'll look into that. Can you tell me the process to update the program?
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:32 am

open Contour, and go to Help there should be a " check for updates" There might be a box to check to get Beta versions. Check this and it should automatically download the update.
MacGyver

Postby MacGyver » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:27 am

Thank you.