Considering Contour

Wdshea
Solus Expert
Considering Contour

Postby Wdshea » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 pm

I am interested in the Contour software, but I am curious as to how the 'light intensity' affects layer exposure. Mercury Vapor bulbs are either on or off with exception to altering power supplied to the lamp.

does it change light temperature or increase exposure?

also, can the lift sequence be modified similar to altering the g-code in creation workshop?
i use a modified lift sequence which offers improved detail, and prevents print failure or the need for extra supports.

i have no issues with creation workshop, and don't need 'grid correction'. i'm wondering what other benefits the software offers over CW.
Messerbr
Solus Expert

Re: Considering Contour

Postby Messerbr » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:23 pm

The auto-support feature and the ability to quickly add and remove supports alone makes Contour leagues above CW. You can easily change the Z lift speed,Z lift distance, exposure time, and more in the settings menu before printing. I highly recommend getting Contour, it makes the whole Solus experience much more complete and intuitive. Well worth the $99 and they are constantly releasing updates improving the software.
Wdshea
Solus Expert

Postby Wdshea » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:30 pm

can the lift sequence be altered in the same way as the g-code in CW?
Messerbr
Solus Expert

Postby Messerbr » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:47 pm

As in how fast it moves up and down in the Z? Yeah it lets you change that in the same print menu as the other options.
Attachments
Zlift and Speed.jpg