Solus Wax Pro

Discuss 3d printing resins
wawatobi
Novice

Solus Wax Pro

Postby wawatobi » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:52 am

Has anybody got feedback on Soluswax Pro. I have 12 partial bottles of resins I have tried over the last few years. Thousands of dollars wasted. The only resin I have found to produce both great models and also casts with little or no problems was the Solus Wax. The Easycast Hd cast well but I have had many problems getting good models. I just bought another bottle thinking mine was contaminated but its just the same crap. I tried putting 10 percent Soluscast and got perfect models that were uncastable. I think Im going to use the Easycast to cover the rust patches on my truck.
Kokos
Novice

Re: Solus Wax Pro

Postby Kokos » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Post some pictures of your failed Easycast prints. Many people are printing successfully with it, myself included.
I am sure the people on this forum can help you get great prints with it as well.
wawatobi
Novice

Postby wawatobi » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:20 am

I was having good success with easycast until last September. All of a sudden I was getting rubbish. Changed the bulb, changed the tilt motor bought the aluminum vat, ec.
I often have to print three of the same model to get one good one. Even if I get a good print there is always some half hard sludge on the film. I've tried soluscast again and got perfect prints, same with soluswax. I think i'm going on a drunk for a week. If I survive I'll post some pics when I get back.Cheers, and Merry Christmas! :D posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=1415#
wawatobi
Novice

Postby wawatobi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:01 pm

I just thought I should update my results with Easycast. I switched to 80 x 45 and am getting much better results. Don't understand why I was getting such rubbish on the higher resolution but now I'm good to go. One thing for sure, the casting is flawless.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:17 am

I'm liking the solus wax pro. Great prints and very good cast.
smokepl
Novice

Postby smokepl » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:09 pm

Jewelermdt wrote:I'm liking the solus wax pro. Great prints and very good cast.

Hi
Do you cast platinum from that wax? how're the results?
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:44 am

I don't do a lot of Platinum. I send that out to Techform with their HIP process.