Show off your prints.
- Solus Guru
- Posts: 1904
- Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:16 pm
- Location: Los Angeles
Emerald is high viscosity. Try increasing your buffer time to 2. It will slow things down a bit, but might give you smoother prints.
Testing the SolusWax. .3mm supports don't want to connect to the model sometimes (you can see with the teeth in the last picture). Prints super smoOoth when it sticks though.
I recommend no sphere tips , just regular tips , and .4 or .6 tips because its heavy , use the latus also
Haven't posted in a while. Here's a baby bat ring I made back in October
Cool! What is you cure and casting/burnout practice?
Mikkopee wrote:Cool! What is you cure and casting/burnout practice?
I try to follow archerm's method but with a little longer hold at the top end. http://www.reify-3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=250 although, as i read back over it I see that I have the UV/Microwave curing parts swapped from what he has listed...
- Microwave in distilled water 3 minutes. Do this at least 3 times allowing 15 minutes to cool between each round.
- UV cure in 50w 405nm light for at least 2 hours (usually it is 3 or more)
- Invest with Plasticast. set for 6 hours
- Into the oven. ramp to 1000*F over three hours. Hold at 1000F for 1 hour
- Ramp up to 1350F. hold for 5 hours
- Drop back down to casting temp. shoot some air into the flask and then vacuum the flask
- Hold at casting temp for 1 hour then cast
Some prints/castings duplicating a hand carved peach pit to make pendants.
A few more plates
mongerdesigns wrote:Excellent prints and castings Ben. Have you tried the EasyCastHD resin yet?
Yeah, I just ran out of the sample bottle and our full bottle should be arriving today! Got lucky with the timing on that haha
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests